The Dyckman Farmhouse Museum can be found sitting high above the corner of Broadway at 204th Street in Inwood. The Dutch Colonial style farmhouse was built on this site c. 1784. It was home to the Dyckman family for almost a century. It opened as a museum in 1916 and continues to serve the community in a half-acre park. It is an extraordinary reminder of early Manhattan and an important part of its diverse Inwood neighborhood.
The Dyckman Farmhouse Museum is owned by the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation and is a member of The Historic House Trust of New York City. The Dyckman Farmhouse Museum Alliance (DFMA) was formed to help raise crucial funds to ensure the continued preservation of this amazing historic site.
Dyckman Farmhouse Museum, the last farmhouse in Manhattan, is a vital cultural asset in New York City. The mission of DFMA is to support the preservation of the historic site, to be a catalyst for engaging, adventuresome programming and to be a good neighbor and a dynamic resource for the community.